Today is my birthday, so I thought I’d share a list of ten things I think are kinda awesome. Some of them are crafty, others not so much.
10. Let’s just get this out of the way: I’m not a swimmer. Furthermore, my bikini days are gone. I don’t usually notice swimwear but this bikini caught my eye in InStyle magazine. I couldn’t find it on their website, but here it is at Dillards . For some reason it makes me wish for it.
9. I am the queen of tiny injuries in annoying places. I used to wear the kids’ Blues Clues bandages, just because it’s what we had in the house. Now I want something not so flesh-toned of my own. You can find these at Perpetual Kid, whose website is just fun to browse anyway.
8. I really just want to see if these FitFlops are as great as they say they are. Ok, I like the studs too.
7. I really want an indoor herb garden, and I love that this one from Craftzine is made from recycled materials. The only problem is, I would also need an indoor herb gardener to keep it alive.
6. I love pens. I am constantly searching for the perfect one. This Crayola version at Perpetual Kid might be it.
5. I love all the zipper detail on clothes and accessories right now. I’m not usually a brooch-wearer, but I’d make an exception for this one from JoAnn. It’s just the right combination of girly and punk.
4. I have some of my best ideas in the shower. Unfortunately, as soon as the water’s gone so is whatever I was thinking about. This waterproof notepad from Incredible Things isn’t a want…it’s a need.
3. Hello. My name is Staci and I’m a sugarholic. This is just enabling my problem, but it gives me something to do with the debris from my other addiction: coffee. That makes it ok, right? Right?!? Thanks to the artist at Instructables who came up with this.
2. If you’ve kept up with my blog, you know I’m a Wonder Woman fan. I have been since I was a little girl. Remember the Crayon T-Shirts? This is another version of Wonder Woman by a different artist at Deviant Art that I would love to have on a shirt. Or the hood of my car. No?
1. When I was a kid, we had this one odd spoon in the silverware drawer. I don’t know where it came from, and it wasn’t particularly fancy or anything, but my sisters and I used to fight over it. This one looks nothing like it, but made me think of it anyway. These can be found at Think Geek and I have to get one. Don’t tell my sisters.